Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SuperBowl Champs


As one of the most watched SuperBowl's in history, I'm sure many of you watched some or all of the game. I watched every minute and was very happy to see New Orleans pull out the victory. The next morning I made my daily rounds on the internet and went over to ESPN to see their coverage of the game. Obviously, ESPN has the money and capabilities to produce probably the best sports website on the net, but I am always amazed at the features they are incorporating into their stories. ESPN gave the SuperBowl it's own webpage where someone could find all of the stories, video features and pictures in one place. Besides the coverage in Miami, we also got to see New Orleans after the victory. As much as that game was about football, it was also about the city of New Orleans.
My favorite feature that ESPN has installed in recent years is their "zoom gallery". Its a flash-based picture feature that allows the reader to see things that happened before, during or after the game that may not have been caught by TV. The pictures are of the highest quality and, for me, they really take me into the game.


3 comments:

  1. I like the website. Although I was confused by the zoom button on the corner, I tried to click on it and nothing was happening. I like projects like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I watched the game. It was a morale booster for the city of New Orleans. I'm happy for them (even though I was pulling for the Colts -- I grew up in Indiana and my family lives there.)I agree with you that ESPN was innovative in its multimedia coverage. You can count on ESPN to be cutting edge. Thanks for sharing. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    Enjoyed your finds on the Super Bowl and its coverage. I really enjoy how different sporting events are covered and seeing technology woven into the game. As a former college tennis player I think tennis tournament coverage has come such a long way. With things like line cams, (signifying in/out and freeze frame technology, it's almost more interesting to view the game from ones couch! Really draws viewers into the game and doesn't leave you on sidelined.

    ReplyDelete