Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Revised Plan

Thank you all for your feedback, it was extremely helpful!

I really like the idea of a "mentorship-type" role for those who have graduated, moved into the field and are still willing to help students looking to get a foot in the door. To begin, I think this would be about using my own network and reaching out to people I may know who are willing to serve as mentors on the site. From there, hopefully, people will continue to find success and then want to stay a part of the website.

Its these mentors as well as any other sports journalist that I can come into contact with who will be answering questions as part of the Q&A. I would definitely be open to a skype-like Q&A session for the members.

The site will be interactive. Members can link to outside sites that they are apart of, such as Linkeden. 

Bonnie, you bring up a good point about people not wanting to pay a monthly fee, but I know in my own experience that a month or two may be all I need to find the information I'm looking for. I am willing to be persuaded otherwise!

The jobs would be found through research done on other sites and then back-checked with the station or network. I, or whoever is behind-the-scenes at the site would be doing the research. I would hope that as the site grows employers would approach me about openings to post for the members.

I would not charge those who would like to list their jobs. The base of the revenue would come (eventually) from advertisements and the membership fee. Monthly membership would be $7 and a full year would be $75.

No comments:

Post a Comment